Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Innocence & Hell

The other day Kendall came in the house upset and said, "I want to tell Taylor that I blank him." I said, "Blank him? You blank him? Kendall I don't think you should blank him." I got a smile out of him and he forgot that he was mad. Then Taylor walked in and I said, "Taylor, Kendall says that he blanks you." Taylors jaw dropped open because he knew what I was talking about even without saying the word - then we laughed. We've taught our kids that hate is a strong word and you don't ever want to say it to people. I hope that they continue to be so innocent and good and say blank instead of the real thing. Amy on the other hand picked up on the word hell and I heard her say, "What the hell are you doing?" I explained to her that it was a swear word and we don't say it. She said she didn't know that and wouldn't say it again. I told her if she did that she would get hot sauce. I'm telling you, not one minute later she said it again. I thought, "Has she gotten in the habit of saying this and I had no idea and now she can't stop?" Well, she got hot sauce and I haven't heard it again. That hot sauce must burn those words right out of their mouth - well that's what my mom used to tell me anyway.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Tammy, this made me laugh out loud! What would we do without children to entertain us in life?

You know, Joe learned to love hot sauce because he had to burn away the bad words. It didn't help, but he does love hot sauce!

Amye Kay said...

You're such a good blogger! That was funny about the looks you got for your children. I remember growing up (ALL 10 of us too) people would stop my mom and ask her if they were all hers. Enjoy that sunshine for us...

Anderson Family said...

Tammy, I've been meaning to tell you that I stole your hot sauce idea. My kids are mortified of it. :) Thanks for keeping us updated on everyone!

Gladys said...

HILARIOUS!! Thank you for bringing a smile to my day.