Thursday, February 21, 2008

Strawberry Banana Icecream

We made homemade icecream and it was mm mm. I won the icecream contest in highschool with this recipe - ofcourse my mom made it and I just took it to school so technically she won the contest.
Strawberry Banana Icecream
1 pkg strawberries chopped and mixed with 2 1/2 cups sugar for 3 hours
1 3-oz pkg strawberry banana jello
1 cup boiling water
3 Tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1 pint whipping cream (2 cups)
1 can evaported milk
Whole milk to fill ice cream freezer 2/3 full
2 bananas chopped
Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Add to strawberries and stir to dissolve all sugar. Add lemon juice and salt. Add remaining ingredients and place in a 4 quart ice cream freezer. Follow directions for the ice cream freezer. YUM!

2 comments:

emily :) said...

That looks so good! You should post your recipes more often! You are an awesome chef!! :)

Angie Penrose said...

yummy! I'm going to have to try that one. :)