Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Chinese Visitors

These are the Chinese visitors, Yu & Sofia, that Dale's sister sent down to stay with us for a week. They wanted to see everything and were so excited. But then they went to the beach all day without sunscreen and were burnt to a crisp. So burned that they didn't use two of their Disney passes and one of their space center passes. One morning Taylor came into my room to report that they were heating the Fruity Pebbles in the microwave. The next day I made them eat oatmeal. They must have liked it because that's all I could get them to eat for the next few days. Are they as wary about our food as we are about theirs?
I had a couple babysitting my kids one night while Dale was out of town and we had New Beginnings. Well I forgot to tell them we had houseguests. The lady was on the floor crawling around with Max and the man was asleep on the couch when the Chinese visitors walked in. The man opened his eyes to see them come in and go upstairs. Well when Edie came in the room, Dennis said that some people had just walked in the house. She told him he was hallucinating. Oops - should have told them.
Did you notice the paint color swatch on the wall? We had half of our house painted a couple of days ago.

2 comments:

emily :) said...

Never thought about microwaving cold cereal (with the exception of shredded wheat)! Interesting...like you said food customs are so different. I suppose if I went to China I would be totally confused :)

Alicia said...

Tammy,

Thank you so much for taking these guys in. They had a good time, although we have not had a night yet to visit with them about all that went on. I have been meaning to send you a thank you and I get around to thank yous like this about as fast as a Mortensen gets around to any form of communictaion:) You guys are great!