Monday, April 14, 2008

Pinewood Derby & Pollen

Our boys got 8th and 9th place in the pinewood derby. Scott put Kendall's wheels on while he was here and assured Kendall he would get first place. I really think Kendall believed him. He was almost in shock when the other cars beat his. We were up against some stiff competition though with a rocket scientists car being the winner. Better luck next time Kendall.
After the pinewood derby we headed to the little downtown Winter Garden for a flower festival. Summer was sniffing some flowers - a little too closely. She had pollen stuck to her face. We were laughing so hard that her feelings were hurt as seen in this picture.

5 comments:

emily :) said...

Yeah boys! Zachary just started scouting, and his very first week was announcing the Pine Wood Derby! He is thrilled! The race will be in a couple weeks, and Zach can't wait! :)

Angie Penrose said...

Looks like fun! Mckay is so excited to get to do that soon. Hope you guys are well. I made a new blog for just our family so you'll have to check it out www.justpenroses.blogspot.com Tell Dale hi for us. :)

Anderson Family said...

I loved reading your new posts! I learn something new about you each time you post! :) We miss you guys! I can't believe our girls start kindergarten this year!

Amye Kay said...

We have our pinewood derby in 2 weeks and I am the new den mother, have been since January so Taylor got a 3 month jump on scouts. He was sanding his car today and no doubt Jared will be taking that car into the dental office and using the tools for a smoother tire and finish...we will let you know how it goes....

Jackie said...

Oh Summer looks so sad. Brookie gets sad like that when we laugh at her too.

What a good lookin couple of boys scouts you have there!